“Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie. ”
THE ONE RING
Here's what might happen depending on your character's emotional stability/resistance in proximity to Frodo and the presence of the Ring of Power:
1. You might hear a strange voice whispering in your ear, might sound terrible, might sound lovely. It might be whispering to you of your greatest desires and wants in a way that is VERY CONVINCING as long as you take the Ring. Depending on your character's motivations (and everyone has one) it might either drive them to forcefully trying to steal it from Frodo or just constantly have their mind on it from time to time. You might not even know why it's on your mind.
2. If you haven't even really seen it, you might just get this weird sense of something strange surrounding Frodo, something dark and different. You might have endless curiousity for it and at the most, might just consider it pretty and boy do I want to touch it.
3. No one is unaffected by the Ring as long as they have emotions, motivations, a mind, essentially. Even the greatest of beings in Middle-earth were tested and tempted by the Ring, and it is very unlikely that your character will not be affected in some way, though depending on who, they might choose to ignore it or act on it, thus this post!
4. Here is what Frodo might do:
1. As he grows more connected to the Ring as the days go by, he might grow hostile towards even a friend who gestures to it. He might seem very much not himself should he be pressed on it, or even go into a trance-like state.
2. At the worst, Frodo will put on the Ring if the need grows dire, in other words if you football tackle him like Boromir he will put it on and disappear and make him a sad hobbit. :(
Feel free to comment on plot ideas or just anythang! It's just up here for notification. c;